View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 A friendly consumer warning. 
True Redneck

My Ride: 2013 Teryx 4 LE EPS
Post A friendly consumer warning.
BUYER BEWARE!
Ashland Cycle Center

I have a 2013 Teryx 4 LE. Recently (August), Kawasaki issued a recall notice on the floor boards. There was to be a guard installed on the floorboards to prevent breakage. I called them to schedule the recall work and was given a phone number to text my VIN to in order to set up the work. I did so and received no response. After a couple of weeks I called them and they had no memory or record of my contact, so I gave them the VIN over the phone and was told they put in an order for parts. A few more weeks went by and I heard nothing so I stopped by one day. Again, they had not ordered parts and had no record of contact with me. I, again, gave them my VIN in person and the "manager" even acted like he was typing in my info and assured me the parts were ordered and he would call me when they came in. Fast forward to the first week in October. I called them again and, yet again they had no record of contact with me and parts had not been ordered. They then started questioning where I purchased my machine and refused to do the work because it was not bought there.

I really shouldn't have expected much because when I went to purchase my T4, I made 4, yes FOUR visits to Ashland Cycle with enough cash in hand to make a purchase and their sales staff wouldn't get off their cell phones and help me. Finally on the 4th visit I interrupted their personal conversation and asked for help and was spoken to very rudely.

So, I called Kawasaki. They apologized profusely and gave me the contact info for East End Cycle in Huntington, WV. I cannot speak highly enough about this dealer. One ring and they answered, transferred me to service, and again the line was answered on one ring. I explained the situation and gave them my VIN. Three business days later they called me and told me the parts were in. This morning I arrived at 9AM, was greeted in the parking lot, pulled my machine off the trailer, and at 9:35AM the job was finished. They were friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make me feel appreciated as a Kawasaki customer, even though I did not make a purchase from them.

So, buyer beware. Ashland Cycle does not deserve your business. As I understand from other customers of theirs, this treatment is common practice. Instead, I highly recommend that anyone in the market for a Kawasaki, Arctic Cat, or Husqvarna power product take your business to East End Cycle on 3rd Avenue in Huntington. You will not be disappointed!

"The thing about quotes you find on the Internet is that you can never be certain of their validity..." -Abraham Lincoln

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 am
True Redneck

My Ride: 2013 Teryx 4 LE EPS
Post Re: A friendly consumer warning.
I will add that Kawasaki has been wonderful through all of this. They have helped me file a corporate complaint, checked on my machine, and even offered to reimburse me for my time and fuel to take my machine to Huntington. Kawasaki makes a good product and offers good customer service.

"The thing about quotes you find on the Internet is that you can never be certain of their validity..." -Abraham Lincoln

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:03 pm
Ridge Rider

My Ride: Sportsman 600 Twin
Its good to see the manufacturer is working with you like that. A dealer can make all the difference in the world when purchasing a product.

"TWINS" are hotter than "HO's"
A.K.A well then Brandenburg or D.U.B

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:44 pm
Corn Cob

My Ride: currently without......
a_tack wrote:
I will add that Kawasaki has been wonderful through all of this. They have helped me file a corporate complaint, checked on my machine, and even offered to reimburse me for my time and fuel to take my machine to Huntington. Kawasaki makes a good product and offers good customer service.

Kawasaki Corporate sounds like a very customer-oriented stand up company!!!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]