View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Finally bought a side by side... 
Hill Climber

My Ride: 2015 Polaris 570 RZR
Post Finally bought a side by side...
Well I didnt know if it would ever happen but the wife and I finally bought a Side by side. Long story short, we rode in my boss's wildcat 1000 for about 2-3 miles and really liked the comfort and stability. MLS in georgetown was running a deal on the 14' model wildcat trails for $7800. However, they ran out of them before we could get up there, and then I also realized I didnt fit well in one being 6'3". My right knee was all over the dash.

So, we went to Lexington Motorsports on the way back. I sat in a new 570 RZR on the showroom and really liked it. It fit me well and also has a little more bed storage. The salesman gave me a price on the new one of $9500, but then says they have a used one that came in last night. So, we took a look at it and the rest is history.

Got this 2015 570 with 224 miles for $7400 out the door, tax and all. I thought that was fair considering it saved me in the area of 2000-2500 over a new one, not to mention is has about $1000 worth of wheels and tires. At first I was on the fence with the red rims, but they have already really grown on me and I like them quite a bit. The tires are 26" Bighorns. The wife and I are really excited to try it out. Its only a 50" model so it wont quite compare to the 1000 wildcat I drove, but I think we will feel much safer on it and be able to climb hills and things without as much worry, not to mention the comfort and sitting beside each other is a huge benefit.

I dont have any good pictures because it was dirty when I looked at it and they only about half cleaned it. So, im sure ill spend 2 hours washing it when I get a chance, but today Im home from work and im pretty sick so wont even get to go to the building and look at it. Oh well.

Attachments:
IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4754.JPG [ 120.35 KiB | Viewed 15913 times ]
IMG_4748.JPG
IMG_4748.JPG [ 109.63 KiB | Viewed 15913 times ]
IMG_4747.JPG
IMG_4747.JPG [ 147.28 KiB | Viewed 15913 times ]

-Moose Top
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 pm
Ridge Rider

My Ride: Sportsman 600 Twin
Post Re: Finally bought a side by side...
Good deal we will have to go try it out one day. I still got my demo and have been to black mountain twice with it. Maybe we can hit wildcat or something before long. If Greg ever gets another we can wrangle him in as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"TWINS" are hotter than "HO's"
A.K.A well then Brandenburg or D.U.B

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:57 pm
Corn Cob

My Ride: currently without......
Glad you had some interaction at Lexington Motorsports.

I've been there twice and everyone seemed too busy chit*chattin' to wait on me.

In one of the two visits, I did get a business card from a salesman. I called his personal cell twice and left one message with the receptionist.....with ZERO return phone calls.

I guess my money ain't no good a LM...... :hail :greg

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Ridge Rider

Which one were you looking at there?

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:25 pm
Hill Climber

Im anxious to put in some time on it. Been sick since the day I brought it home so aside from riding it around the neighborhood for a minute on Monday I havent even looked at the thing.

Greg, I didnt really have any trouble getting waited on. I will admit Im not super impressed with them though. I got in the thing to load it on the trailer and whoever (half)washed it filled the belt intake with water and it wouldnt hardly pull. I knew immediately what the problem was so they rolled it into the shop and drained the belt cover. You'd think people who do that for a living would be able to do better than that. Not to mention they said they would service it and Im 99% sure they didnt. But its mine now, so ill take care of it like it should be.

Rob, what model are you getting to demo? A cub im assuming? How are you liking it?

-Moose Top

Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:40 pm
Corn Cob

rnkburg wrote:
Which one were you looking at there?

Ranger 900

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ridge Rider

I have a challenger 700 that I am demoing it's been pretty good so far. Goes everywhere I have pointed it. Excellent fuel mileage. Put about 225 miles on it so far. Two trips to black mountain. So far I can't complain. I am staying right there with the rzrs and other sxs.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:07 am
Hill Climber

Looks a lot like a clone of a Rhino? Is it pretty similar? Glad to hear that its doing well. Are they pretty easy to get parts for whenever something was to break? Maybe you can get a real steep discount on it when they are done letting you test it for them :lol

In-laws went out and bought a new wildcat trail yesterday. Anxious to see how the 570 and Trail pit against each other. I think the trail will be a good bit quicker but the little 570 is no slouch so im anxious to see how they perform.

Attachments:
IMG_4766.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG [ 138.3 KiB | Viewed 15872 times ]

-Moose Top
Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:02 am
True Redneck

My Ride: 2013 Teryx 4 LE EPS
Nice! Glad you finally got one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

"The thing about quotes you find on the Internet is that you can never be certain of their validity..." -Abraham Lincoln

Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:09 am
Ridge Rider

We have all parts and handle warranty. Yeah it's a rhino clone. It's not the quickest but it has been doing surprisingly well

How do they like the trail. I liked those except they were a little small in the cab for me

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:05 pm
Stinky Pete

My Ride: 2015 can am maverick
:congrats :turtle

Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:08 pm
Hill Climber

Rob so far they like the trail but we have yet to take them out, so we'll know more then. I can tell you that I'm not near as comfortable in it as I am in my rzr because of the cab size. The wildcat is supposed to have almost 20hp more than my 570 so I'm anxious to see how it performs. I can tell already the 570 is no slouch though.

And for anyone thinking about buying from Lexington Motorsports, DONT. I had some issues after the sale and they might as well have told me to go pound sand. They lied about having serviced my machine before I picked it up and were totally unwilling to help when I went back in there. I'll never do business with them again. Drive out of state if you have to. After further research on their Facebook page, I'm only one of many that they have intentionally done wrong. Greg, be glad no one waited on you when you went in there!

-Moose Top

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:11 am
Ridge Rider

My cub dealer in Morehead or flemingsburg can take care of you if you need them too. Big blue or great outdoor depending on which town. If you need some contacts let me know. They are a Polaris dealer.

What happened to it?

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:37 pm
Corn Cob

Cummins Driver wrote:
And for anyone thinking about buying from Lexington Motorsports, DONT. I had some issues after the sale and they might as well have told me to go pound sand. They lied about having serviced my machine before I picked it up and were totally unwilling to help when I went back in there. I'll never do business with them again. Drive out of state if you have to. After further research on their Facebook page, I'm only one of many that they have intentionally done wrong. Greg, be glad no one waited on you when you went in there!

Sounds like I came out ahead.....unfortunately, at your expense.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Hill Climber

Basically, I believe whoever pressure washed (half @ss at that...) my machine before I picked it up, blew a good bit of water and mud into the air filter. The air intakes are right behind the drivers seat on my RZR and they had filled the clutch housing with water. Dont know why it didnt dawn on me that they had probably also blown crap into the intake. So, when I finally got to feeling better I wanted to check it out more and of course the filter was nasty and had been wet and muddy and the oil was dirty as well. They were supposed to have serviced the machine. To me, that would AT LEAST include checking the air filter and changing the engine oil. I wont be back in there.

So basically, aside from me having to clean out the airbox on the RZR and hoping it didnt really injest any water/mud, nothing is wrong with it. I have serviced it and washed it up myself now and it is running excellent. But had I trusted them, I would have been running around with a screwed up air filter and dirty oil.

-Moose Top

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:14 pm
Puddle Jumper

My Ride: 2012 RZR S LE
Congrats on the new ride. Since they screed me in 2005 I have not bought anything from them. Ended up buying a used 900 that they rebuilt the motor on 300 miles ago and again they have screwed me. Paying I-75 one $3000 to rebuild it.

You'll like the 570. They ride like a dozer but destroy my 800 up to about 30 mph.

2012 RZR S LE, Popo Roof, mirror, rear down bars and Windscreen, PA Doors, PA Door Bags, PA Bumper, PA Harnesses, RZRGIANT.com kids seat with Crow Harness, Viper 4500 Winch with Rope, Tusk Windjammer and Roof Bag, Lock and Ride Box, Warn Receiver Shackle, KC 55W Slimlights, HIDs, FUTV 3/8" UHMW skids! Optima Yellow Top dual battery, etc, etc. etc.

4staroffroad - https://www.facebook.com/groups/4staroffroad/

Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Hill Climber

Reeko wrote:
Congrats on the new ride. Since they screed me in 2005 I have not bought anything from them. Ended up buying a used 900 that they rebuilt the motor on 300 miles ago and again they have screwed me. Paying I-75 one $3000 to rebuild it.

You'll like the 570. They ride like a dozer but destroy my 800 up to about 30 mph.

Thanks! Yeah, I wont be back to them for sure. Not much I can do about it now other than take my business elsewhere in the future.

I like the 570 a lot so far. I havent spent a lot of time in anything else so it probably doesnt ride near as good as an S model of some kind, but it does ride much better than my ATV's rode and is a lot more stable too. It has plenty of power, but my In-Laws new Arctic Cat Trail will pretty well take off and leave me in a drag race. That thing is quick! I just dont fit in it... However, in the trails the 570 is fast enough to get you into trouble if you are heavy on the throttle and not paying attention. Its definitely a fun machine. Hopefully it holds up well.

-Moose Top

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]